The Horsetooth Half is a premier Colorado road running event taking place in Fort Collins, CO. As part of its mission to promote both the participatory *and* competitive sides of the sport, the Fort Collins Running Club – owner of the event – is sponsoring a prize purse of $8,000 for the 2019 race. For the full structure, please visit the race info page.
For elite consideration and complimentary entry, runners should have met the following standards (or equivalent) within the last 18 months:
- Men — Sub 2:30:00 Marathon / 1:12:00 Half,
- Women – Sub 2:56:00 Marathon / 1:24:00 Half
We will also comp the entry of the top five male and female finishers from 2018, the top three male and female masters finishers from 2018, and any previous Horsetooth Half Marathon overall winner.
We have a limited number of complimentary entries and will award them on a first-come, first-served basis. If you meet the competitive time standards and would like to race, please apply early. We want to promote our elite field often and early.
Please contact Nick Clark prior to April 1, 2019 for consideration: email@example.com
- Cash award winners must be present at the awards ceremony or all awards and prize money will be forfeited, unless it is a medical emergency.
- If you have already paid to enter the race, please do not ask for a comp because your entry fee will not be refunded.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to athletes that have previously failed drug tests.