The 2018 Horsetooth Half Training Program will officially kick off January 7 with a 10:00am group run from New Belgium Brewing. The run will be followed by drink specials, snacks from the Fort Collins Running Club, and a training presentation from Colorado In Motion.
The popular RunningU training group is offered free to Running Club members and includes:
- A 14-week training schedule
- Group long runs every Sunday, alternating between New Belgium (flat), the race start (hills), and Tortoise & Hare races (speed)
- Pace leaders for group runs
- Pre and post-run informational and training sessions at New Belgium Brewery and the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant.
- Sponsor giveaways
- Peer/mentor support and motivation through a closed Facebook group and email list
Like previous years there are two programs to choose from. The Beginner Program is designed for participants new to running or new to the half marathon distance. The Intermediate Program is designed for runners with a couple of half marathon finishes under their belts and who are looking to improve their times.
The two training schedules are available from the race website along with full details for the 2018 RunningU Training Program, including the weekend long run and presentation schedules.
All weekend runs are free and open to anyone, but we encourage you to register for the program if you’d like to be included in the peer mentoring benefits, midweek group run opportunities or just want to get to know your half marathoners in training better. The registration link will be live on the training page in early November.